Tuesday 8 March 2011

☼pancakes...

oh my gosh, so i woke up this morning and put daybreak on the tv and was like "oh my freaking god, they're making pancakes! PANCAKE DAAAY!" it's probably a bit ridiculous how excited i get for pancake day, i think its because i save them every year, just to eat on this one day. i've been so excited to get home from school today and eat some lovely pancakes, i like lemon juice and sugar, some people say that ruins them and i should have syrup but i like lemon :-) so imagine my disappointment when i got home and we had no lemon, then imagine how even more disappointed i was when i finally got my lemonless pancake and took the first bite, chewed it for a bit.. then spat it out. i don't like pancakes anymore, how strange. (okay, i didn't spit it out, but you get what i mean.)



so that was the trauma of the day, i think i've just about got over it now, so it's all goood :-) i dont think i've ever posted about what sort of music i like, so i've decided to do a top 10 of my favourite ever songs :D here we go...



10 - What took you so long? By The Courteeners

I found this song not too long ago after hearing my second favourite song by the courteeners called that kiss (it would most likely make number 11) on an early episode of 90210, i track IDed it and found them on youtube, the rest is history..,

9 - Stop Crying Your heart out By Oasis


This is just a classic song, everyone knows it, the majority of people love it, i am one of the majority, so yeah, great song.

8 - I'd Lie By Taylor Swift

This song perfectly describes my boyfriend in the chorus:
"His favourite colours green, he loves to argue, born on the 17th, his sister's beautiful, he has his father's eyes" all true, its quite scary, so thats why it makes number 8 :-)

7 - Me and you song By The Wannadies

This is mine and rob's song, an obvious choice, i know, but we both love it so i just had to add it in here somewhere.

6 - Mardy Bum - Artic Monkeys

The artic monkeys were brought up in sheffield, which is near where i live and they're such a great band, i love how where they come from shows in their songs, like this one "mardy bum" i'm fairly positive that mardy is a word just used around this area and its really hard to explain what it means, but i'll try, its a word to describe someone who's being really sulky, who's feeling sorry for them selves and generally being annoying, thats the best i can do so yeah :)

5 - We are the people By Feeder

My dad added this song to my itunes a few years ago by accident and i've only just listened to it and realised its actually very good. i've always said i hated my dads taste in music growing up because i dont think i wanted to actually like the same stuff that he does, because well y'know, its not very cool is it. i actually believed for a good few years that i didn't like it, but as i've got a bit older, i've realised that actually he does have a good taste in music and i was wrong. ( i just hope he doesn't read this.)

4 - Dancing in the moonlight By Toploader


Again another song of my dad's, i've always loved this one though, it reminds me of summer when i was really little and i used to run round the house in underwear and play in the mini paddling pool and sandpit we had in the garden, how i miss those simple times.
3 - Nicest Thing By Kate Nash


Kate Nash is my second favourite artist of all time (avril lavigne being the first) i just love the meaning in her songs and how she can tell a story through singing ("we get on" and "birds" etc) she's just wonderful. this song makes me so thoughtful, i feel like i can relate to it, even though i have someone in my life just like the song describes. i just really love this song, it make me all emotional.


2 - Fall to Pieces By Avril Lavigne

Avril Lavigne, what can i say apart from perfect. I remember in my tomboy days when i was about 10, i felt really betrayed when she died her hair blonde, i felt like she'd gone against what she represented and turned all girly, and this is why her first 2 albums will always be my favourites. This song, makes me reflect on life, its pretty deep and i can't be in an extemely happy mood to listen to it either, i have to be in a thinking mood(which is a lot of the time), it great and i love it.

1 - My World By Avril Lavigne

All time favourite, doesn't get much better, i can just relate to this song ridiculously well, for example "i may switch off and go in a day dream" and "probably cause i always forget, everytime someone tell me their name, its always guna be the same" and "in this head my thoughts are deep, sometimes i can't even speak" and "i'm off again in my world" just the whole song really, its my favourite and i actually think i'm in love with it and always have been since 2002 when it was released.

Well, there we go, hope that gave you some insight into music in my world, i'd love to hear if any of you have a similar top ten to me, that would just be awsome :D

until next time,
mynameisCAITLIN☼

No comments:

Post a Comment