Monday 10 January 2011

☼t-t-t-t-turban...

i'm sorry for the lack of outfit post that i promised, i've come down with some terrible disease and i can't get out of bed, i've been housebound all weekend and have been living in my pyjamas. i didn't think anyone would appreciate a picture of me seeing as i wouldn't look out of place in the exorcist, so instead i thought i'd do a wishlist, so here i am looking for things to put on my wishlist when i came across this on the new in section on topshop.com:

BLACK PLEATED TURBAN £12

at first, i was a little speechless when i saw this. i mean.. cmon, its a turban and topshop are selling them as fashion accessories, i just dont understand it, i thought turbans were a sign to show you were part of a certain religion, Sihkism i think and not a way to wear your hair. then i googled "turban trend 2011" and it turns out that they've been popping up all over the SS11 catwalks. names such as jason wu, vena carva, john galliano, giorgio armani and issa have all jumped on the turban band wagon and i just can't contemplate why.

(R-L: Jason Wu, Issa, Giorgio Armani)

The look has been described as "classy" and "daring". I describe the look as social suicide and i do not wish to resemble a Sihk gentleman. i'm not very sorry to say that you will never catch me sporting a turban unless its a towel wrapped around my head and i've just got out of the bath.

happy monday,
mynameisCAITLIN

1 comment:

  1. I love that Topshop piece, they're so classy. I wish I could pull one off!

    ReplyDelete